There are some important changes at the Woolpack in line with our government’s directives on the management and risk of coronavirus (Covid-19).
All visitors to the Woolpack should read this page and follow all the advice and directions below. This is most important for the health and safety of all of us.
The content of this page may change as the government revises its directives.
These changes will, no doubt, themselves alter week by week, as the coronavirus situation changes, and we will update this page as often as we can. For the very latest updates keep an eye on the local and national news, and on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- The Woolpack has been given permission to use the car park behind the pub as a “beer garden” and this means there is no car parking at the pub. Please use nearby streets, but be careful not to disadvantage the local residents by making parking difficult for them. Parking regulations are in force.
- Everyone who is not part of a single household group, normally living together (these groups may sit together at the pub), must keep at least 1 metre away from everyone else, and preferably 2m or more away wherever possible.
- Everyone coming to the Woolpack will be asked to provide us with their name and contact details – a mobile or home phone number may be sufficient. If you cannot or are unwilling to provide this essential virus tracing information then you cannot visit the Woolpack.
- You are most welcome to drop in any time for a drink and a chat, and for packaged bar snacks, peanuts, crisps etc, but visitors are not allowed to stand at the bars except to place their initial order or settle their bill.
- Please make all payments using contactless cards – please if possible don’t pay in cash as the passing of physical cash and change is an infection risk.
- Please accept all the protective measures we must take, as these are sensibly directed by our government and we have no choice in the matter. Hand sanitising solution will be available, and we ask that everyone uses this on arrival at the pub, and before leaving their table.
- Because of the very restricted access to our male and female lavatories (toilets), there may be a queuing system in place, and if so everyone must queue as directed by our staff to use the lavatories, and take their turn. At busy times it may take quite some while to be able to use the lavatory, so please do take this in to account! It is essential that the lavatories are kept absolutely clean to minimise the chances of cross infection, and the necessary sanitisers will be provided with all users asked to clean up as needed.
- By coming to our pub, or to any public meeting place, you will be exposing yourself to a greater risk of infection than you would by staying at home. The Woolpack accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any infections of any sort, or the consequences of such infections, that might be contracted on their premises, and would strongly stress that if you come to the Woolpack you have implicitly accepted that you are exposing yourself to some risk of contracting coronavirus or other diseases.
- If you have any symptoms whatsoever of coronavirus you must not come to the Woolpack.
- It is essential that everyone behaves very well and maintains proper 1m or greater social distancing all the time they are at the Woolpack. This means that people who become drunk and may not therefore be in full control of their actions will be immediately told to leave the pub, and will be required to do so. Children and dogs must also be kept under close control, as again they must not be allowed to come within 1m of anyone outside their own household group.
- As most of our social entertainment at the Woolpack will now be outside in the fresh air, please do be very respectful of the local residents, and please keep noise to the minimum.
This page last revised on September 3rd 2020